Till Death Do Us Part
February 11, 2023
Till Death Do Us Part is a special evening event for adults only (4-8 p.m.)!
What better way to celebrate your unending LOVE than among the dead we love so much at Burpee Museum? From taxidermy to fossils to wet collections, Burpee has a special kind of love!
As we share our love of science and nature, you celebrate your love for the people who matter most!
Enjoy unique museum activities:
- A romantic reptile booth where you can blow a kiss to your favorite animal
- Create your own courtship dance with your partner
- Scavenger Hunt
- A rare romantic photo opportunity: Victorian Photo Spots in the Historic Barnes Mansion! You can walk through this beautiful Victorian home with an amazing story and a lovely guide who will open the doors to the past while you snap special photos!
- Cash Bar provided by Mary’s Market
Preregistration may be done online through Eventbrite or by calling Burpee’s visitor services department (815-965-3433). Walk-ins are welcome to attend as well.
- Nonmember Adults (18+): $14
- Member Adults (18+): $2
SPECIAL DEAD THINGS
See why bones from millions of years ago make our hearts pitter-patter!
LOVE AN ECTOTHERM
Cold heart and cold blood, but they still want love! Blow a kiss to your favorite reptile!
Victorian setting, romance, and beautiful photos! Attend a tour before this event to take a walk through time!
WOW YOUR PARTNER
Learn how animals and dinosaurs WOW their partners, and create your own courtship dance! Photo courtesy of Mark Barnwell/Shutterstock.