March 4 & 5 2023
A weekend of research sharing
Join us for our 25th year of Burpee Museum's annual PaleoFest! PaleoFest has become a much anticipated event in the paleontology scene bringing researchers, students, and interested public together to share research, paleo news, network, and discuss.
Not Just for Professional Scientists
Students, interested community members, and aspiring scientists are encouraged to join the experts as they share stories, research, and experiences. It is a great opportunity to make connections and become inspired!
Speaker schedule and details coming soon!
Keynote Speaker: Dr. Lindsay Zanno, North Carolina Museum of Natural Sciences, North Carolina State University
Dr. Steve Brusatte, University of Edinburgh, Scotland
- Member's Night: "My Travels in the Jurassic World"
- Weekend Lecture: "The Rise and Reign of Mammals"
Caleb Bohus, Southern Illinois University, Undergraduate Student
- "New tetrapod discoveries from the Late Mississippian red beds of Southern Illinois"
Dr. Thomas Holtz, University of Maryland
- "Jane vs. Pearl: Contrasting the Biology and Ecology of Two Latest Cretaceous Dinosaurs"
Kallie Moore, University of Montana
- "Under the Sea 325 MYA: Montana's Bear Gulch Limestone"
Evan Johnson-Ransom, University of Chicago, PhD Student
- "Biomechanical Performance of the Crania of Tyrannosauroids and Comparative Implications for Theropod Feeding"
- "Climate change effects on reptiles over time, science through stories, and why everyone should learn about fossils"
Dr. Megan Whitney, Loyola University
- "Microscopic insights into macroevolutionary transitions: how growth rates played a role in the vertebrate conquest of land"
Talia Lowi-Merri, PhD Student, University of Toronto
- "Fly before you can soar: Ecomorphology and evolution of flight in the fossil record"
- "Rapid growth in Late Cretaceous sea turtles reveals life history strategies similar to extant leatherbacks"
Dr. Kelsey Arkle, Augustana College
Scott Williams, Museum of the Rockies, Montana State University, Director of Exhibits
Dr. Melissa Pardi, Illinois State Museum
Dr. Dennis Kolata, Illinois State Geological Survey
John Moretti, PhD Candidate, University of Texas-Austin
Dr. Robert McAfee, Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine-Georgia
Temporary Speaker Schedule
*This schedule is temporary and subject to change
PaleoPackage | Public $170 | Member/Student $120
Includes general admission, admission to ALL talks for the whole weekend, and PaleoFest Keynote Dinner
PaleoVIP Package | Public $170 | Member/Student $120
Includes general admission, admission to ALL talks for the whole weekend, PaleoFest Keynote Dinner, and PaleoGear (t-shirt and poster)
Saturday Dinner Keynote Lecture & Reception ONLY | Public $75 | Member/Student $65
Includes admission to Saturday Keynote Dinner
Saturday ONLY PaleoFest Lecture Series | Public $65 | Member/Student $50
Includes admission to Saturday lectures only. Enjoy the speaker lineup!
Sunday ONLY PaleoFest Lecture Series | Public $65 | Member/Student $50
Includes admission to Sunday lectures only. Enjoy the speaker lineup!
2 Day PaleoFest Lecture Series | Public $85 | Member/Student $65
Includes admission to Saturday and Sunday lectures. Save by joining for both days, and choose to watch all the talks!