Join Burpee for a fun, spooky Halloween party!
Join us on October 29th from 5pm to 8pm for an evening event with drinks, dinos, and dead things! Enjoy learning about skulls, skins, and bones, and even get a chance to dissect eyeballs and hearts! Tour the Barnes Mansion, where you can walk through this beautiful Victorian home with an amazing story and a ghostly guide who will open the doors to the past. What a great way to kick off your Halloween weekend with a haunted home and museum full of cool dead stuff!
Stations that will beguile you:
- Creature of the Night: Vampire Bat Skull
- Eyeball Dissection
- Lung Inflation
- Haunted Graveyard
- Paper Skull Construction
- Exploration of bones and more BONES!
- Slime making
General Admission Cost:
- Nonmembers: $14 adults | $12 kids 4-12 | 3 & Under Free
- Members attend for FREE
- Barnes Mansion Tour: $5
- A rare opportunity to see a building usually closed to the general public
- Explore Rockford's beautiful Barnes Mansion built in 1893
- Enjoy the glamour of this Victorian home restored to its 1890's-1920's glory
- Enjoy history and haunted stories from a 1920's spirit: your guide returning from the dead to bring the home back to life for you!
Burpee's Barnes Mansion is rated the 2nd most haunted place in Rockford, has been featured on multiple ghost hunting shows...and it sure deserves it's reputation, just ask our staff.
Find out for yourself if it is really "haunted"
Walk through her home, hear the family stories!
Taxidermy & Dissection
Learn how we preserve our precious dead things!
Fossils & Bones
Exploration of Bones!