October 30 & 31, 2021
What better way to spend your Rockford Halloween than among the dead at Burpee Museum? From taxidermy, to fossils, to wet collections, Burpee is Scary Cool!
Two special events are sneaking up on you! Don't be spooked!
Haunted Burpee (October 30, 5-8pm)
An evening event with drinks, dinos, and dead things! The event features a rare access event: Tours of the Barnes Mansion. You can walk through this beautiful victorian home with an amazing story and a ghostly guide who will open the doors to the past. Enjoy museum wide special displays from the art of taxidermy, to eyeball dissection! Wonder into a fun game set up in the East African exhibit and find your lost friend among the predators of the night armed with a flashlight. What a better way to kick off your Halloween weekend than with a haunted home and museum full of cool dead stuff! (details below pre-register to reserve your spot)
Scary Science Treats (October, 31 12-5pm)
A family friendly way to enjoy the holiday with science demos, dissections, hearts, eyeballs! Nature will make you scream with joy, and maybe a little spooky fright! (details below)
NEW After-Hours Event!
Saturday, October 30: 5pm-8pm
General Admission Cost: $12 Members can attend for FREE!
- Taxadermy demonstrations
- Creatures of the Night
- Exploration of Bones and more BONES!
- Mad Scientist Lab
- Cash Bar
- Museum wide ambiance with fun music and lights
- Barnes Mansion Tour: $5
- A rare opportunity to see a building usually closed to the general public!
- Explore Rockford's beautiful Barnes Mansion built in 1893
- Enjoy the glamor of this victorian home restored to its 1890's-1920's glory
- Enjoy history and haunted stories from a 1920's spirit: your guide returning from the dead to bring the home back to life for you!
- Safari Game: $5
- You have lost your crew-mate in the Serengeti! Get clues to find them...in the darkness of the East African wildlife exhibit, armed with only a flashlight!
- Big cats come out to hunt...realize how much scarier a lion's roar can be at night!
- You will never expect what is lurking around the corner!
Burpee's Barnes Mansion is rated the 2nd most haunted place in Rockford, has been featured on multiple ghost hunting shows...and it sure deserves it's reputation, just ask our staff.
Find out for yourself if it is really "haunted"
Walk through her home, hear the family stories!
Taxadermy & Dissection
Learn how we preserve our precious dead things!
Find your missing crew-mates among the dangers of the Serengeti
Scary Science Treats
Date: Sunday, October 31
Cost: Event included in general admission ($12 adults | $10 kids 3-12 | 3 & Under Free)
Members can attend for FREE!
No tricks here...just treats!
Since experiments, explosions, smoke, and glowing nature!
Amazing Animals & Plants
Collections of cool dead stuff
Burpee is a library of dead leaves, reptiles, dinosaurs and so much more. Explore with us!
Bones & Fossils!
Beyond their grave...
Don't mind us...we have been dead for a long time!