Burpee's awesome homeschool and enrichment programming presents an exciting way to learn about science! Curriculum is designed around multiple STEM themes that change each year and semester. Take one class, or sign up for the full semester.
These classes will bring students into our exhibits and all around the museum as they complete science experiments and hands-on activities to learn about science!
Cost: $10 for Homeschool/Cohort Members, $12 for General Members, $16 for Nonmembers
Classes & Groups:
The winter/spring 2023 series will feature museum studies. Each class is themed with a different subject of science that is displayed in Burpee Museum's exhibits, with the last two weeks highlighting the exhibit development process that takes place right here at museum!
For 6-9 Year-Old Learners and 10 & Up Learners. Sessions run from 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm on scheduled days.
Preregistration may be done online through eventbrite, or by calling Burpee's visitor services department (815-965-3433).
March 29th, 2023
Art plays an important role at museums, not just Art Museums! Art can often tell us about cultural history or insight to past environments and organisms. Let us learn about art’s role in museums and experiment with different methods of art!
April 12th, 2023
Learn how museums obtain, preserve, research, and display history! Time, research and study of the exhibits here at the Burpee Museum of Natural History will now be put to the test!
April 26th, 2023
The completion and the reveal of your museum exhibit happens today. How will it compare to other museum exhibits? What art work and written descriptions are included? Most importantly, what story will your exhibit tell?
Homeschool/Cohort Membership Options:
Memberships are valid for one year.
- Basic Cohort Membership: $90
- Free general admission and to most special events for all cohort children and adults for up to 6 visits per year (max group size: 10)
- 10% off gift shop purchases
- Discounts on classes and special events
- Burpee print magazine
- Deluxe Cohort Package: $200
- Includes Basic (but with max group size 30 for admission) PLUS...
- One video conference with your students and a scientist ($70 value)
- 3 guided tours and 3 workshops (each tour and workshop must be on same date)
- Free access to museum check-out kits (advance registration required, quantities limited)