Your Gift Makes A World of Difference.
As a local non-for-profit, Burpee relies on the support of the community through donations. Each of Burpee Museum of Natural History’s successes are due to generous community support.
During this unprecedented time of COVID-19 limited attendance, limited classes, and loss of income, Burpee has a great need for your support.
Today we need your help more than ever to keep the doors open for our community. Your gift’s impact can change our future.
With a goal of $200 more per day in donations…
between now and December 31, we can close this cash flow gap created by this pandemic. Will you help us give the GIFT of SCIENCE? Will you help us continue important scientific research? Will you help us support continued science learning and thought in our community?
Give the Gift of SCIENCE!
Dear Burpee Community Supporter,
Thanks to your support, Burpee Museum of Natural History made great strides in financial stability, scientific research, and exhibits. Because of people like you, Burpee is hip, challenging, exciting, and surging forward like never before! I hope you will continue to support the difference we are making in the Rockford community and beyond.
Your involvement makes Burpee innovative, fascinating, exciting and bold!
Your involvement has allowed us to offer scholarships to over 1,200 youth who would not otherwise be able to afford science experiences in our community: a 300% increase over last year. Your support has allowed Burpee to develop innovative programs to include new hands-on workshops, new school outreaches, new expedition field programs, new early childhood classes, new museum exhibits and much more. In 2018, over 80% of every dollar spent went directly to scientific and educational programming and exhibits. Thank you!
Help us help kids belong to something scientific, hip, and happy!
Help us educate the next generation of scientists and teach them to love our ever-changing, natural, and puzzling Earth and all its inhabitants! Your gift, will help kids of all backgrounds engage in something hands-on, natural, and
captivating. Make your gift before December 31 and receive our Burpee Pollinator Kit which includes wildflower and milkweed seeds to sow something scientific, impactful, and gratifying in the spring!
Everyone can belong to something beautiful, evolving, ancient and new!
Thank you for being a critical part of the #BurpeeFamily. Working together, we will cultivate awesome learning experiences. Please join us in sowing the way for Burpee to grow in 2020 by giving generously to the Annual Appeal.
Anne F. Weerda MSEd, MEd
Burpee Museum of Natural History
Give the Gift of SCIENCE!
Philanthropy is based on voluntary action for the common good. It is a tradition of giving and sharing that is primary to the quality of life. To assure that philanthropy merits the respect and trust of the general public, and that donors and prospective donors can have full confidence in the not-for-profit organizations and caused they are asked to support, we declare that all donors have these rights:
- To be informed of the organization’s mission, of the way the organization intends to use donated resources, and of its capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purposes.
- To be informed of the identity of those serving on the organization’s governing board, and to expect the board to exercise prudent judgment in its stewardship responsibilities.
- To have access to the organization’s most recent audited financial statements.
- To be assured their gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given.
- To receive appropriate acknowledgment and recognition, by donor preference.
- To be assured that information about their donations is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
- To expect that all relationships with individuals representing organizations of interest to the donor will be professional in nature.
- To be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers or employees of the organization.
- To have the opportunity for their names to be deleted from mailing lists.
- To feel free to ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers.
The text of this statement was adopted from language by the American Association of Fund-Raising Counsel (AAFRC), Association for Healthcare Philanthropy (AHP), Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE), and the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP).