Virtual Field Trips
An exciting new opportunity for students and educators world-wide!
Are you in California (or Florida, or Toronto…) but want your students to “visit” Burpee Museum? Distance is no object! If you are too far from the Museum for an actual field trip you can schedule a live virtual field trip via video conferencing for your class. One of our expert staff will interact with your students as they view items from the collections and see exhibits within the Museum.
Suitable for all grades including High School and adult groups. We will work with you to fit your schedule!
Dinosaurs: “Jane” & “Homer”
Burpee’s rare specimen of a juvenile Tyrannosaurus rex, & sub-adult Triceratops
Fossils and Dinosaurs
Including information on geologic time, fossilization, dinosaurs in general, Tyrannosaurus rex
The First People: Native Americans in North America
Focusing on three culture groups: Woodland, Plains and Southwest
Other topics may be available—please enquire
Fee: $200.00 per class for a session of up to one hour
Sets of Dinosaur teeth and/or claws for use in the classroom are also available: $20.00 each including S+H, $35.00 for both.
Need to Know:
- Reservations must be made a minimum of 3 weeks in advance
- Video conferencing equipment and a Skype account are required
- A trial run to test the connection is required a week in advance
- A connection must be established 15 minutes before the scheduled start time
- The Classroom teacher acts as facilitator on the school’s end, including preparing the students, assisting with questions and answers, initiating and ending the session
Contact Sheila Rawlings for more information on virtual field trips